Banana Farm Visit Tenerife
From: 5,00 €
Bananas are undoubtedly one of the most popular fruits in the world. But the bananas from the Canary Islands stand out from the rest, since they are famous for their intensity of flavor. For this reason, visiting a banana plantation in the south of Tenerife can be an exhilarating activity if you are around. Tour agency Club Canary collaborates with Finca Las Margaritas and offers you the opportunity to discover this incredible banana farm of Tenerife. You can find More information about the banana farm and how to book tickets in the description below.
The last update on this text was made on 10 May 2021.
Las Margaritas banana experience
Have you ever wondered about all the big plantations in Tenerife? Most of them produce bananas! This is a very interesting tour if you want to know more about what goes behind producing bananas in Tenerife. The self-guided tour takes place in Finca Las Margaritas in Las Galletas, located between the largest banana plantations of Tenerife. You will learn about the history of the bananas on the Canary Islands and also about how they are produced.
Advantages of booking your banana plantation visit with the Club Canary tour company
There are a number of benefits that you get from booking your banana experience with Club Canary’s tour company.
- Firstly, if you book your tickets to visit the banana plantation with us, you will be granted immediate entrance upon your arrival. This is because Club Canary will pass on your name and you will then be added to the special guest list of Finca Las Margaritas – banana farm.
- Secondly, the ticket you get after ordering contains a unique coupon worth 5€, which you can use on the entire excursion website of https://clubcanary.com! If you do not book in advance and the farm is getting many visitors that day, you may have to wait to enter the banana plantation.
Self-guided tour through the banana plantation
Upon arrival at the banana plantation, you will need to show your Club Canary reservation and pay the remaining amount at the entrance desk, either in cash or by card. Then the worker at the banana farm will give you a brief explanation and will help you on your way. During the tour, you will find numbered signs where you can stop and read valuable pieces of information in different languages. Eventually, you will end the tour having tasted some of the products made at the farm.
Normally, it takes one hour for people to finish the tour. When booking on this website, you can choose to visit the plantation either at 10:00 or 11:00. The banana farm is open on: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to the public from 10:00 to 13:00 and on Saturdays from 10:00 to 12:00, the rest of the days the farm remains closed.
Banana wine in Tenerife
There are many delicious banana recipes, but some of the most famous are: banana bread, banana cake and banana pancakes. However, in Tenerife, the banana wine is what people like most. The sweet canarian bananas mixed with alcohol create a truly unique flavour. Apart from this Tenerife’s famous banana wine, you can also find other local products made with bananas at the souvenir shop of the banana farm.
Information about the banana experience
- The address of Finca Las Margaritas is: del Sur, Av. la Calma, s/n, 38631 La Estrella, Santa Cruz de Tenerife. And here you can find the car route starting from the Club Canary tour agency location.
- When you order your tickets, you are assured of Club Canary’s best price guarantee.
- After booking, you will receive a gift from Club Canary. It is a discount code of 5€ that you can find at the back of your ticket. The voucher code can be used for any of the excursions offered in our website, including whale watching tours and theme park tickets. The code is valid for up to 6 months after you order and can be used only 1 time for any order above 30€.
- Reservations to visit the banana farm must be made at least 1 hour before the desired visit time.
- The banana farm is also accessible to people in wheelchairs.
- A toilet is present.
- If you want to go by bus, you can find the route here. Get off at the Estrella (T) bus stop, where lines 467, 468 and 470 are stopping.
- Should you travel by car, the place is easily reached and there is plenty of space and free parking available.
- Tickets for a visit to the banana plantation ordered through Club Canary cannot be cancelled. If you would like to visit the plantation on a day other than the one booked, you can do so free of charge up to 12 months in the future. For this option, you need to contact us.
- For entertaining news and activities about Tenerife, follow Club Canary on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. And check out our excellent reviews on platforms such as Trustpilot and Tripadvisor.
Club Canary is a tour company that offers more than 70 activities to do in Tenerife. We specialise in whale and dolphin trips and we are highly recommended for our excellent selection.