Horse Riding Tenerife
From: 35,00 €
A great thing to do in Tenerife is horse riding. The horse stables are located in Las Galletas, a town in the south of Tenerife. You can choose among 3 different horse riding tours. There are different types of excursions to suit all levels. You can read more about the horses and stables in the text below, where you will also find information regarding the different tours we offer and how to book.
Horse riding in the south of Tenerife
Experience freedom and ride on a horse along the beautiful beaches of Tenerife. You will depart with the horses from a beautiful farm in Las Galletas run by a couple with a large animal heart. All these horses are well taken care of and most of the ticket money goes to their welfare. Horseback riding trips are available to all levels of riders. No previous riding knowledge is required.
Horse stables are located in Las Galletas
Horse riding tours are along the beach near Las Galletas, where you will get to see some wonderful views and landscapes. The horses on the stable are certainly not competition horses. Because of this, the riding tour available may not be the best option for those who are more experienced riders and look for more extreme experiences.
Horse riding adventures
On each horse riding trip, there will be a guide to accompany you. Our guides will give you instructions when needed they speak several languages, such as Spanish, English and Dutch. The guide will advise you to book the horseback riding session in the morning or later in the evening as the soil will not be so warm at that time and it is better for the well-being of the horses. The Dressage of the horses is English, and there are American and English riding saddles available. By far the most popular and romantic horse riding trip is around sunset time. Below you will find the 3 different horse riding tours in Tenerife.
1 Hour horseback riding
An hour of horse riding in Tenerife is not enough to go to the beach, but it is a fun option for children who want to try horseback riding. You can go horseback riding in Tenerife from the age of 5 and there are also ponies available.
2 Hours of horseback riding
Two hours of horseback riding for beginning adults is definitely the minimum time needed to learn how to ride a horse. During the horse riding trip, we visit the beach and you get the chance to admire the sunset. It promises to be an enjoyable day’s activity in Tenerife and is particularly a very popular choice amongst the most experienced horse riders.
3 Hour horseback riding – populair choice
If you want to go horse riding in Tenerife, and especially if it’s the first time you are going to do it, then this tour is the best choice as during this 3 hour excursion you get enough time to practice and to enjoy the horseback riding. We also have extra time to watch the sunset and possibly take your horse for a little walk by the sea.
How to book this adventure
To make a reservation, first select the number of persons, then the day in the calendar and finally the desired horse riding trip. Please note that you only pay a down payment to secure your reservation. Remaining balance has to be paid on the day itself at the stables. The down payment for the 1 hour horseback riding is 19€, for the 2 hour ride: 15€ and for the 3 hour horse riding: 20€ per person.
Additional information about horse riding in Tenerife
- When booking a horse riding excursion you are assured of the best price guarantee from Club Canary.
- These horse stables are located on a 15 minute drive from Las Americas. Depending on the location of your hotel, a pick-up may be offered for an additional fee. If you would like this, please fill in your hotel details in the order form and we will inform you about the options after the booking.
- Directions for the horse riding stables are: Camino Finca Don Virgilio, 9, 38631 Arona, Santa Cruz de Tenerife. You will also find this address and the meeting time on your Club Canary ticket, which you will receive after placing your order.
- For horse riding we advise you to put on some sportswear and possibly bring sunglasses and some water. Depending on the weather, bring something warm along with you. Keep in mind the temperature in Tenerife can often drop quickly after the sun sets.
- If you prefer to book your horse riding in person, it is also possible. For this you can come to the tour agency of Club Canary at the address: Calle Londres, Centro Comercial Plaza del Duque, Floor -1, B-35, Tenerife, 38660 Costa Adeje, Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- The minimum age for horse riding in Tenerife is 5 years. Children under the age of 10 are only allowed to participate in the 1 and 2 hour horse ride.
- Please try to book at least 24 hours in advance. Preferably 2 days or more, so we can make a suitable group arrangement. In case your booked day was not available, we will contact you and you can choose to receive a full refund or reschedule.
- Club Canary offers you the possibility to reschedule or cancel your horse riding trip free of charge up to 48 hours before your departure. Cancellations less than 48 hours in advance will lose their down payment. To do this, it is best to call: 604 105 055 or send an email to: email@example.com.
This information about horseback riding has been updated in 2021. If you are looking for other fun excursions to do in Tenerife <- click here. Be sure to follow Club Canary on Facebook and on Instagram @club.canary for the latest updates and cool promotions.