El Teide Hike Tenerife
From: 39,00 €
Down below you will find 2 different hikes to the top of El Teide – an easy version and a difficult version. Both hiking trips to El Teide include experienced mountain guide, pick-up service, permit, cable car tickets and equipment on request.
Excursion description - Club Canary
Hike to the top of Teide
Visiting El Teide is definitely one of Tenerife’s must-sees. El Teide with its 3718 meters is the highest point of Spain and because of its unique environment, hiking on El Teide is a wonderful experience. There are several tours to Teide so you can for example do a Teide day trip, where you will visit the National Park and get the chance to take the cable car high up. Or an excursion to experience Teide at night where you get the opportunity to see the stars and planets in an unforgettable way. Unfortunately, these trips are not allowed to take you to the top of El Teide. Even the cable car in Teide does not reach higher than 3,555 meters. If you are an active person and would like to reach the peak of Teide, the only option to do so is by hiking. This is only allowed with a special permit that we can arrange for you during our guided hike to the summit of Teide which you can find below.
Hike to the summit of El Teide (difficult)
This is probably one of the most difficult hikes you can do in Tenerife. The pick-up in southern Tenerife will be around 7:30 in the morning. Once we arrive in the National Park of El Teide we will start our hiking tour at a height of 2300 meters to the very top of El Teide. The first part of the hike is not very demanding and takes about 1,5 hours until our first stop. The first stop of the El Teide hiking tour is at the mountain refuge where we have time for lunch. Then we will start with the steeper part of the hike and once we’re on the peak of El Teide you can enjoy the beautiful views and with a bit of luck you will be able to see most of the other Canary Islands. After enjoying the great views, we hike to the cable car station where we take the cable car back down.
Walk to the summit of El Teide (easy)
For this guided tour to the top of El Teide, we will pick you up around 7:30 in the morning in the south of Tenerife. Then we will leave for the cable car station where we will take the lift up. From there we still have to walk 163 meters higher to get to the peak of El Teide. There are a number of steep sections on this hiking trip and because of the altitude it can feel difficult, but our experienced guide will be there to lead you. After reaching the top of El Teide, we will walk back to take the cable car down. Once we’re back in the National Park, we will take a short stroll to see the beautiful rock formation called Roques de Garcia before returning to your hotel.
Permit for El Teide summit
Not many tourists have actually visited the very top of El Teide. That’s because it is a protected area and only 200 people are allowed to visit the summit every day. To be able to be one of those 200 people you will need a permit which is usually sold out for a long time. Our guides reserve the permits far in advance in order to be able to take people to the summit of El Teide on a weekly basis.
El Teide hiking information
• If you are no longer in Tenerife for the first available date for the Teide summit trip, please contact us. We might be able to find a spot available sooner.
• Walk to the summit of El Teide (easy) takes place approximately from 7:30 to 14:30. The hike itself takes about 1.5 hours of which 163 metres is ascending.
• Hike to the summit of El Teide (difficult) takes place approximately from 7:30 to 17:30 and the hike takes about 5-6 hours. During this hike, about 1500 meters is ascending and 170 meters descending.
• During the hiking trips to the top of El Teide, food and drinks are not included. Please bring your own.
• The prices of the cable car and the permit for El Teide are already included in the price and therefore there will be no extra costs.
• The main language during the Teide hike is English and you will be accompanied by an experienced mountain guide.
• Please try to book the hike to Teide on time so that we can guarantee you the slots and convert the permits to your name on time.
• Keep a close eye on the Teide weather forecast, it can often be very cold at the top of the volcano.
• After the reservation, we will contact you to ask for a photo of your passport which is necessary to put the permit in your name. You will also need to bring this document with you on the day of the hiking trip.
• If you have booked a Teide tour (difficult) and the cable car does not leave due to weather conditions, we will take the same trail back.
• If you have booked the Teide tour (easy) and on the day of the hike the cable car does not leave, we will have an alternative beautiful walking route in the National Park of El Teide.
• You can cancel the hiking trip to El Teide free of charge up to 14 days before the trip starts after which there will be no refunds possible.
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Booked
Teide Bus Tickets TenerifeFrom: 14,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Private Boat Trip TenerifeFrom: 289,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Top Buggy Adventure AdejeFrom: 69,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Jet Ski Safari In TenerifeFrom: 54,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Quad Bike Hire In TenerifeFrom: 79,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Atlantic Star Boat TripFrom: 29,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Quad Biking Tours TenerifeFrom: 74,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Paragliding In TenerifeFrom: 84,00 € Learn More - Book Here