Guided Hikes in Tenerife
From: 39,00 €
✓ The 3 best Tenerife hikes of 2022.
✓ Discount for groups of 6 or more.
✓ Departure times: 08:00.
✓ 48-hour free cancellation policy.
✓ Groups of about 15 participants.
✓ Possible from the ages of 5 to 80 years.
✓ Little bit of fitness level, is expected.
✓ Free pick-up and drop-off.
✓ Activity with best price guaranteed.
✓ Book by paying a deposit of 12€.
✓ Possibility of booking a private hike.
✓ Club Canary is a partner of Canaventura.
This is the amount you pay to reserve your place/date. The deposit, in this case, is a portion of the total amount to be paid and therefore will not be returned after the activity.
The remaining amount to be paid is noted as Arrival. You will pay this on the day of your booked experience to the hiking guide. This can be done in cash or via card unless your ticket states otherwise.
Your paid down payment, and the amount to be paid on arriving, will be listed on your E-ticket that you will receive after you place your order.
- Club Canary
- Last updated on June 20, 2022
Tenerife hiking tours video
Tenerife hiking tours includes
Tenerife hiking tours information
- Do not forget your Club Canary ticket. You can have it on your phone or printed out.
- Be sure to have some cash with you, as the tour requires a final payment before it begins, which the hiking company would like in cash.
- If you are going to do the Camino Real tour, you may want to bring swimwear.
- Sport shoes, and comfortable clothing is perfect. Should it be colder, a vest or long sports pants are recommended. It is best to keep an eye on the weather forecast.
- Make sure you do not start the hike with an empty stomach. We will have a stop at a supermarket before the walk starts to do any final shopping (such as sandwiches) this is at your own expense.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- During the hikes, we have a few stops. This can be used to go to the toilet, or to smoke.
- You need a little bit of fitness for the hikes. The walks are not tough, but being able to do things like walk up stairs is necessary.
- Each hiking tour will take place with approximately 18 participants and 1 guide.
Tenerife hiking tours policy
- The hike is allowed for children from 5 years old to elderly of 80 years.
- When you book one of the hikes, you automatically agree to be able to do light hikes. It is expected that you have a small fitness.
- Should you hold up the group, or want to go back during the hike for any reason, you will not receive a refund.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to hazardous weather conditions, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- You may cancel or reschedule the hiking tour for free up to 48 hours in advance. Send us your request by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Club Canary team is not present on the day, and cannot judge certain situations. If you have any complaints on the day of your hike, please report them to the hiking guide. The guide and the hiking company Canaventura will then look into the matter.
- If you do not cancel in time or are not in time on the day of the hiking tour, there will be no refund.
Looking for more information? Check out Club Canary’s FAQ page.
Do you want to contact our staff?
Visit us at our office, give us a call or send us an email. Please, find contact details below.
|Monday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM Open now|
|Thursday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Friday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
Tenerife hiking tours
Tenerife is mainly known for its beautiful volcanic sand beaches, but what many people don’t know is that when you go deeper towards the centre of the island, you’ll find some unbelievable landscapes. Those landscapes make the island of Tenerife a very unique location for a hiking tour.
Tenerife hiking tours for tourists
There are a lot of hiking trails in Tenerife and they differ a lot depending on whether you are hiking in the North or the South of Tenerife. Club Canary has partnered with professional hiking company Canaventura to make these beautiful hiking routes easily accessible to tourists.
Guided walks from Canaventura
Canaventura is one of the most well-known hiking companies in Tenerife and has several experienced guides and all the necessary papers and insurances. Canaventura hiking company offers their participants free pick up and drop off at their hotel for any chosen hiking excursion as well as hiking equipment if needed.
Hiking tour guide
Canaventura has several top hiking guides working for us. The guides speak different languages so we can offer hikes in English, Spanish, Dutch, German and French. The hiking tour guide will not only be there for your safety, but also to give you information about certain landmarks of Tenerife.
Best guided hikes of Tenerife
Down below you will find the best hikes in Tenerife and all tours are accompanied by an experienced guide. For all our hiking excursions, we will pick you up at your hotel in the south of Tenerife and take you to the hiking site. You can find different levels for hiking in Tenerife down below.
Camino Real hiking tour
For this wonderful Tenerife hiking tour we will pick you up at your hotel between 8:00-8:30 in the morning. Then we will drive to the village of Santiago del Teide which is near Masca. From there, at an altitude of about 1110 meters, we will start our hike and walk through a beautiful forest where we will reach the beautiful viewpoint “Pico de Gala” which is at an altitude of 1145 meters and is also the highest point of this hike. There you can enjoy a beautiful view of the Teno Mountains and the island of La Gomera. You will then hike through some lovely green forests and pass local farms while listening to the song of the local Canarian bird. Then the trail continues along the old goat paths and we finally arrive at our final destination of Masca. Masca is a charming little village where you have free time to reward yourself with a delicious Barraquito or some food while enjoying the amazing views. On the way back from the Camino Real hiking trip, we pass Los Gigantes by bus where we stop for a short boat ride to the hidden Masca Bay. With a little luck, we may even encounter dolphins along the way. You will also have the chance to end the day with a nice swim in the water. After the boat trip, we will take you back to your hotel.
Camino Real hike information
- Most popular guided hike.
- About 8.5 kilometers long.
- Included a boat trip.
- A small part is ascending and a larger part is descending.
- The hike takes about 4 hours.
- Level average, also suitable for families.
- Departure 08:00 back at hotel around 16:00.
- Every Tuesday and Friday.
Anaga hike hiking tour
If you would like to discover the North of Tenerife then this hiking tour is perfect for you. We will pick you up at your hotel between 8:00-8:30 in the morning. The first stop will be in La Laguna, the old capital of Tenerife where you will get a guided tour of the charming city which has been declared as a World Heritage Site. After visiting the city, we go to the Mercedes forest for a lovely hike. Nature there is extraordinary and is, therefore, a very popular hiking site in Tenerife. After the hike, our bus will drive through the scenic Anaga Mountains and pass by the popular Playa de Las Teresitas before we return to your hotel.
Anaga hiking information
- Best hiking trip for people who want to hike in the green forest of the mercedes mountains of Tenerife.
- About 5 kilometers long.
- Bit of ascending and descending.
- The hike takes about 2 hours.
- The hiking level is easy.
- Departure at 08:00 and return to your hotel around 16:00.
- Every Monday.
Mount Teide hiking tour
The Teide National Park of El Teide is one of the top visited national parks in all of Europe. This unique landscape is a must see during your stay in Tenerife. During this hiking excursion to the National Park of El Teide we stop at the beautiful landmark Roque Cinchado. From here we start a magnificent hike through the volcanic landscape. The mountain guide leading the hiking trip will tell you about the special plants found in this area and about the visible lava rocks/trails.
Please note it is possible to take the cable car during this trip. But there is an additional cost for this. If you would like to take the cable car you need to notify us after booking via LiveChat or Whatsapp. The guide will then order tickets for you. The official prices are those you can find on the website of Volcano Teide.
Mount Teide hike information
- Hike through the National Park of El Teide.
- Approximately 4 kilometers long.
- Bit of an ascent and descent.
- The hike takes about 2 hours.
- The level of the walk is easy.
- Departure at 08:00 and return to your hotel around 16:00.
- Every Wednesday.
- Possibility to take the cable car up (at own expense).
Private walking tours in Tenerife
The above mentioned walks are always organized in a group.
Would you prefer to walk with your group privately. Then there is also the possibility to hire a hiking guide. You can then do one of the above mentioned tours in private, but we can also take requests. Pricing starts from 300€, for more information send us an email or contact us by live chat: email@example.com.