Paragliding in Tenerife
✓ Group discount from 6 people.
✓ Temporary 20% discount included.
✓ Book with a deposit of 30€ per person.
✓ Free pick-up and drop-off.
✓ Choice between 3 paragliding flights.
✓ No experience or fitness required.
✓ Highly qualified instructor included.
✓ Possible from age 8 to 80.
✓ Passenger weight 40 to 120 kilos.
✓ Choose your departure time.
✓ 48-hour free cancellation policy.
✓ Activity with best price guaranteed.
✓ Popular! Don’t let your chance fly by.
✓ Club Canary is a partner of Fly Tenerife.
✓ Below you’ll find a FAQ & Video.
This is the amount you pay to reserve your paragliding date. The deposit, in this case, is a portion of the total amount to be paid and therefore will not be returned after the activity.
The remaining amount to be paid is noted as Arrival. You will pay this on the day of your booked experience, to the paragliding guide. This can be done in cash or via card unless your ticket states otherwise.
Your paid down payment, and the amount to be paid on arriving, will be listed on your E-ticket that you will receive after you place your order.
- Club Canary
- Last updated on July 31, 2022
Fly Tenerife paragliding video
Fly Tenerife paragliding includes
When it comes to adventure sports, we all know there are risks involved. Because of this, minimizing such risks is essential. The team of Tenerfly gives you the advantage of meeting all the requirements to fly safely: pilot attitude, competent instruction and safe equipment. Additionally, it is well known that the modern paraglider is a sophisticated aircraft that has been computer designed, flight-tested and certified to an international standard, which ensures that paragliders are very safe.
Technically, yes. However, like with every mountaineering sport, you can stumble and fall on the ground during the take-off and landing. So, it is advisable to wait until the end of your pregnancy to enjoy your flight to the fullest and make your experience absolutely carefree.
Tenerfly team uses an adjustable harness to cater for nearly every shape and size. They can easily cope with someone from 40 kg to 120 kg. If you are near or outside the extremes of these ranges, please let us know in advance and we will try to accommodate your size.
A passenger must be 14 years or older. Anyone under that age must be accompanied by an adult or have the form signed by a guardian.
Many people challenged with a disability can still enjoy the freedom of a tandem flight experience. Tenerfly team is keen to share their passion for flying with anyone who feels likewise. Please, let us know in advance what assistance you require to provide the service you need.
Wear shoes preferably with a closed toe to better protect your feet. Bring a jacket. Even if the day is hot, it is cooler when flying around in the sea breeze. On a cold day, it can be very chilly, so rug up. Wear mid-thigh shorts, long pants or tights, as you will be secured by harness straps that pass between your legs. Bring sunscreen, hat and water. Do not forget your swimmers and towel, since you will land close to the beach.
It is not common, but it can cause nausea. About 1 in every 50 people feel a little bit sick when flying but usually only if the pilot makes fast turns. Tenerfly staff minimises the possibility of you feeling sick by checking how you are feeling during the flight and before doing any fast turns. If you are not feeling well, the pilot will slow things down and will just cruise around to allow you to recover and enjoy. Either way, we recommend not eating two hours before paragliding to avoid feeling sick during the flight.
Fly Tenerife paragliding, how does it work?
You will be picked up at your hotel, in the south of Tenerife, and will be driven to the paragliding takeoff point. Depending on the trip you book, you will depart from Taucho or Ifonche, which are 10-minute drive from Costa Adeje and Las Américas. Once there, the instructor will give you some very simple directions for takeoff and landing, and will help you put on the paragliding gear. As soon as the wind goes under the parachute, your feet will slowly get off the ground and before you know it, you will be paragliding above Tenerife. At that point, all you have to do is enjoy the beautiful views and try to spot the other Canary Islands from the air. The instructor will let you hold a video camera, which you can use to record your paragliding experience.
Paragliding landing site
The landing point varies depending on the weather conditions, but it normally is on the beach Playa de la Enramada, in La Caleta. After the paragliding trip, you will have the chance to celebrate your experience on the beach and have a drink in the cozy beach bar Coqueluche.
Tenerife paragliding prices
Standard (800 meters)
15 – 20 minutes
30€ Down payment per person
50€ On the day of the flight to the instructor
Performance (1000 meters)
20 – 30 minutes
40€ Down payment per person
60€ On the day of the flight to the instructor
Base of Teide (2250 meters)
30 – 60 minutes
40€ Down payment per person
140€ On the day of the flight to the instructor
Fly Tenerife paragliding information
- Do not forget your Club Canary ticket. You can have it on your phone or printed out.
- Make sure you have some cash with you as the paragliding requires a final payment before it starts. This is paid on the day to you paragliding guide.
- Paragliding trips in Tenerife are suitable for almost everyone from 8 to 80 years old. No previous experience is necessary.
- Paragliding in Tenerife is possible for people from: 40 kg till 120 kg. If you are on the borderline or under or over the limit, please contact us.
- Photos/videos are taken but not included in the price. However, you will be filmed during the trip by a Fly Tenerife go pro video camera.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. In case it is cold you are allowed to borrow a jacket from the paragliding guide.
- In special cases, 1-2 spectators may join the van to watch the take-off. Afterwards, the spectators will be taken to the paragliding landing site. If you wish this, please note it in your order form or contact us. Please note, this is only if the person who will be flying wants it immensely, otherwise we recommend that you wait at the paragliding landing site.
Only for people who want to come to the meeting point themselves
- You are expected at the parking lot of the supermarket Tu Trébol in Adeje.
- The address is: Polígono industrial Los Olivos, Crtr. Gral. La Caleta S/N, 38670 Adeje, Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- You should attend at least 10 minutes before departure time.
- Free and plenty parking is available.
- Open the location on google maps. Here you find the departure location and the office of Club Canary.
Tenerife paragliding policy
- Paragliding requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to hazardous weather conditions, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- If you have health issues or are taking certain medications, it is advisable to consult your doctor before making a booking.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult or have a permission form from it’ s parents or caregivers.
- You may cancel or reschedule the trip for free up to 48 hours in advance. Send us your request by email: [email protected]
- Club Canary is not involved in the photo & video progress. About this please contact your instructor directly. If you have lost your contact information you may contact us to pass it along. However we cannot send you the photos or give you a refund if you do not like the photo or if you have lost your SD card.
- If you do not cancel in time or are not in time on the day of the tour, there will be no refund.
- Club Canary staff is not present during the paragliding experience. Therefore we are not in a position to judge certain situations. If you have a complaint or something did not go as planned, please discuss it with the manager of Fly Tenerife on the day.
Looking for more information? Check out Club Canary’s FAQ page.
Do you want to contact our staff?
Visit us at our office, give us a call or send us an email. Please, find contact details below.
|Monday||9:00 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:00 AM – 10:00 PM|
Paragliding is a highly weather dependent form of flight, and the weather in Tenerife is generally excellent. This makes paragliding one of the must-do activities if you are around. In addition, the prices of paragliding in Tenerife offered by Club Canary are more affordable than in other tourist destinations. Experience paragliding and fly above a volcanic island and enjoy the scenic beauty.
Fly Tenerife Paragliding
Fly Tenerife is the company name of the paragliding company with which Club Canary cooperates. Fly Tenerife has a team of top paragliding instructors under the leadership of Roberto with over 30 years of experience working for them.
Fly in Tenerife with Roberto’s team
Roberto himself has won several paragliding awards in Spain and the Canary Islands over the years and has an excellent reputation.
Certified paragliding instructors
Besides flying with an experienced instructor with an official certificate from FELA and FAE, the Tenerife Fly instructors also know how to make their guests feel comfortable and entertained during the whole paragliding trip.
Standard paragliding flight
This wonderful excursion starts at an altitude of 800 meters and is the perfect choice for people who want to try paragliding. The paragliding flight duration always depends on the weather conditions in Tenerife. But, generally, the flight lasts between 15 and 20 minutes. While paragliding, you fly a large section over Adeje. The landing point is usually Playa de La Enramada.
Performance paragliding flight
With the Performance paragliding flight, you will go even higher than with the standard flight. You will start at an altitude of 1000 meters, and will be in the air for about 20-30 minutes. During this paragliding flight you will fly for a long part over Costa Adeje and Adeje. The landing takes place in Playa de La Enramada.
Base of Teide flight
During the paragliding trip, you will enjoy staggering views from Teide volcano. Starting at an impressive altitude of 2250 meters, your experience begins; you can expect to spend about 30-60 minutes in the air. The landing point is usually Puerto de la Cruz. This may vary by weather conditions in Tenerife. Also note, weather conditions at this departure location can change quickly. Therefore, it is common that the Teide paragliding trip has to be cancelled or rescheduled.
Paragliding trip gets cancelled?
Please note that paragliding is a safe sport as long as it is done responsibly. Fly paragliding Tenerife knows the Canary Islands weather very well. And the last thing they want is to cancel a trip, but safety is above all. If the weather is bad, your trip will have to be cancelled or postponed. The guide will always contact you about this as early as possible. If the guide reschedules your date but the new date does not work out for you, you will get your full paid deposit back.
Club Canary tip
Don’t book paragliding on your last day. Try to book paragliding at the beginning of your vacation. This way you have a backup day, if it is cancelled due to bad weather conditions.