Excursion To La Gomera
From: 42,00 €
- Reserve place only 15€ deposit.
- Departs around 07:30 hrs.
- Pick up at or near your hotel.
- Departure from Puerto de la Cruz (+6€).
- Comfortable modern coach.
- Return ferry ticket.
- Three course Canarian lunch.
- Free time in capital San Sebastian.
- Time to explore Garajonay forest.
- Whistling language demonstration.
- Tour guide in your language.
- Comprehensive tour of the island.
- Last updated on December 27, 2021
Day Trip To La Gomera – Adult
55€ On arrival
Day Trip To La Gomera – Child (2-11)
37€ On arrival
La Gomera day trip information
- Make sure to bring your passport or identity card. This is required when boarding the ferry to La Gomera!
- The La Gomera excursion takes about 10 hours.
- Bring warm clothing just in case.
- Fill in your correct hotel or the one nearby. After the order, you will receive a ticket with the exact pick-up location and time.
- The bus transfer has “Transalex” written on the sides and a sign on the window saying ‘’La Gomera tour’’ or something similar.
- If you have problems with walking or hearing, please let us know in the order form and we can reserve a better place on the bus for you.
- La Gomera trip includes lunch, pick up/drop off, comfortable bus with air conditioning, guide and a ferry ride to La Gomera and back.
- If after the La Gomera tour you would like to explore another Canarian island. Then take a look at our tour to El Hierro.
- You can cancel the La Gomera day trip free of charge 48 hours before.
Tour pick up times
- San Miguel and El Médano area 7:05-7:20
- Costa del Silencio, Las Galletas and Palm Mar area 7:20-7:30
- Costa Adeje & Playa Paraiso area 7:00-7:35
- Las Americas & Los Cristianos area 7:35-7:50
- Los Gigantes, Alcalá and Callao Salvaje area: 7:05-7:20
- Puerto de la Cruz and Santa Cruz area: 5:30-6:30
La Gomera day trip
Get ready for an early start when you book this great excursion to La Gomera, the enchanting island off Tenerife’s western coast.
You will be picked up from close to your accommodation in south Tenerife in a comfortable, modern coach at around 7-7.30am and taken to the ferry port in Los Cristianos. If you are coming from the north of the island then you’ll need to be ready for a 6-6.30am pick up.
There is a passport or identity card check before embarkation and depending on what day of the week you take this excursion you will board either the Fred Olsen or Armas ferry for the 39-kilometre crossing which takes around 50 minutes. Both ferries are modern and comfortable with a range of good facilities including a canteen and ourside viewing area.
Ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera
This is a wonderful way to begin your La Gomera day trip from Tenerife with wonderful views from the ferry across the sea to Tenerife and the incredible Mount Teide. You can relax and take in the Canary Islands from the sea and enjoy snacks and drinks from the onboard canteen. Keep your eyes peeled as you might well see dolphins or pilot whales during the crossing.
La Gomera tour
Once you have disembarked in the capital San Sebastian the La Gomera island tour begins with an picturesque coastal drive to the pretty town of Hermigua which is surrounded by verdant green hills and soaring granite peaks.
The La Gomera day trip from Tenerife continues through the ancient forests of El Cerdo and into the stunning Garajonay national park where you will have time to wander around and discover the beautiful old laurel woods and superb panoramic views.
Canarian lunch menu
Lunch is taken care of in a traditional La Gomera village where you will be served a typical three course Canarian meal consisting of the following dishes:
- Starter: Watercress soup with bread, Canarian potatoes and traditional Canarian sauces.
- Main Course: Chicken fillet with vegetables and rice. Or a fillet of white fish with rice and vegetables.
- Dessert: Roasted milk and a local banana.
- For drinks: Water, white wine and red wine.
The whistling language
During lunch you will be treated to some real Canarian culture when the locals perform Silbo Gomero – an historic whistling language peculiar to the island. In the days before mobile phones this unique language helped local people communicate across the deep ravines that make up the island’s landscape. It is still actively used today and is taught in the schools.
After lunch the excursion to La Gomera continues through Chipude and El Cercado and on to the impressive Agando rock where you can enjoy beautiful views across the green landscape. The last stop on this La Gomera day trip will be back at the town of San Sebastian where you will get the chance to explore the quaint cobbled streets and visit the Torre del Conde as well as the Church of Asuncion where Christopher Columbus was believed to have prayed before starting his journey to the New World.
La Gomera climate
The average temperature in La Gomera is 21 degrees and the climate is similar to Tenerife but the temperature can be a little cooler especially on the north and east sides of the island. It’s worth taking a coat as it can often rain which is why there are lush forests and verdant flora everywhere.
Pick up for La Gomera day trip from Tenerife
The exact pick-up time and nearest meeting point can be found on the La Gomera excursion ticket which you will receive when you place your order. Please make sure to identify your hotel or a hotel near your accommodation when you place the order. After the La Gomera tour, you will be taken from the harbour back to your hotel which will be approximately between 18:00 and 19:00 hrs.