Excursion To La Gomera
From: 39,00 €
Tenerife excursion provider Club Canary, offers you a wonderful day trip to La Gomera. If you would like to experience this excursion from Tenerife to La Gomera, you will be picked up at your hotel in the south of Tenerife or in Puerto de la Cruz. The La Gomera bus tour can be booked in several languages and is a very popular sightseeing tour. More information about the day trip to La Gomera can be found in the tour description of Club Canary listed beneath.
Excursion description - Club Canary
La Gomera day trip
Our comfortable bus will pick you up at your hotel or nearby. We drive to the port of Los Cristianos where we take the ferry to La Gomera. Once we arrive in San Sebastian, the capital of La Gomera, we begin our La Gomera island tour and drive to the beautiful valley of Hermigua. After that, we travel through the forests of El Cedro and continue to the famous Garajonay national park of La Gomera where you have some time to walk around and see the beautiful old forest. During our La Gomera day trip, we also stop in a lovely small village for a typical Canarian lunch.
The whistling language
During the lunch break, you get to see locals perform so-called “Silbo Gomero“, the whistled language of La Gomera. This language is very unique and is still actively used in La Gomera. The whistling language was used as a means of communication in the mountains and is still taught in schools of La Gomera today. On the way back, we will drive through Chipude and El Cercado. You will have the chance to admire the impressive rock of Agando and see how it originated from an ancient volcano. Our last stop of the tour is back in San Sebastian where you will have some free time to walk around and admire the culture of the capital of La Gomera in places such as Torre del Conde and the church of Asuncion where Christopher Columbus was believed to have prayed before starting his journey to the new world.
La Gomera climate
The average temperature in La Gomera is 21 degrees and the climate is similar to Tenerife. However, the weather in La Gomera can be a bit colder in the north and east side of the island. You can often even expect rainfall, which is why there are many wonderful forests and plants to be found.
Ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera
Before we start our beautiful excursion, we depart from Tenerife to La Gomera by ferry. There are 2 different ferries that go to La Gomera daily – Fred Olsen and Armas. In most cases, we go with Fred Olsen during our La Gomera tour. As we leave the island of Tenerife, there is a passport check before boarding the ferry. The distance from Tenerife to La Gomera is only 39 kilometres and the boat trip takes about 50 minutes. During the boat trip to La Gomera, you can relax and enjoy the ocean views. You also have the possibility to order drinks and food on the ferry.
Menu for La Gomera island excursion
La Gomera day trip comes with lunch included in the price.
- Starter: Watercress soup with bread, Canarian potatoes and traditional Canarian sauces.
- Main Course: Chicken fillet with vegetables and rice. Or a fillet of white fish with rice and vegetables.
- Dessert: Roasted milk and a local banana.
- For drinks: Water, white wine and red wine.
The exact pick-up time and nearest meeting point can be found on La Gomera excursion ticket that you will receive after the order. Please make sure to write down your hotel or a hotel near your accommodation when you place the order. After La Gomera tour, you will be taken from the harbour back to your hotel which will be approximately between 18:00 and 19:00.
Tour pick up times
- San Miguel and El Médano area 7:05-7:20
- Costa del Silencio, Las Galletas and Palm Mar area 7:20-7:30
- Costa Adeje & Playa Paraiso area 7:00-7:35
- Las Americas & Los Cristianos area 7:35-7:50
- Los Gigantes, Alcalá and Callao Salvaje area: 7:05-7:20
- Puerto de la Cruz and Santa Cruz area: 5:30-6:30
La Gomera day trip information
- Make sure to bring your passport or identity card. This is required when boarding the ferry to La Gomera!
- The La Gomera excursion takes about 10 hours.
- Bring warm clothing just in case.
- Fill in your correct hotel or the one nearby. After the order, you will receive a ticket with the exact pick-up location and time.
- The bus transfer has “Transalex” written on the sides and a sign on the window saying ‘’La Gomera tour’’ or something similar.
- If you have problems with walking or hearing, please let us know in the order form and we can reserve a better place on the bus for you.
- La Gomera trip includes lunch, pick up/drop off, comfortable bus with air conditioning, guide and a ferry ride to La Gomera and back.
- If after the La Gomera tour you would like to explore another Canarian island. Then take a look at our tour to El Hierro.
- You can cancel the La Gomera day trip free of charge 48 hours before.
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Booked
Volcano Trip TenerifeFrom: 19,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Paragliding In TenerifeFrom: 84,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Quad Biking Tours TenerifeFrom: 74,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Loro Parque TenerifeFrom: 26,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Jet Ski Safari In TenerifeFrom: 54,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Private Boat Trip TenerifeFrom: 289,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Atlantic Star Boat TripFrom: 29,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Freebird Boat TenerifeFrom: 18,00 € Learn More - Book Here