Excursion To La Palma
From: 84,00 €
The Canary Islands are all unique in their own way, which makes it worthwhile to explore several islands. La Palma is best known for its observatory and for its stunning hiking trails. However, during our La Palma day tour we will discover a number of the island’s hidden gems! More information can be found below.
Excursion description - Club Canary
La Palma day trip
For this day trip to La Palma from Tenerife we will have to leave by ferry at 8:00 am from Los Cristianos. Remember to have breakfast beforehand or to bring some food along for during the tour. You will also be able to order food at the ferry’s restaurant. For the cruise from Tenerife towards La Palma the ferry requires a travel time of about 2.5 hours. The lunch stop of this trip is around 12:30 and is included with the price of the excursion. The climate in La Palma is very similar to the climate of Tenerife. In the rainforest of La Palma it can be a bit cold, therefore it could be wise to bring a sweater with you. The La Palma tour is being held in a comfortable touring bus. The tour is accompanied by an authorized La Palma guide who is fluent in several languages. The La Palma day trip takes about 11 hours in total, which means that you will be back at your hotel around 19:00. If you would like to explore more of the other Canary Islands, we strongly recommend a day trip from Tenerife to the islands of El Hierro and La Gomera! Below you will find the pick-up times for the excursion to La Palma.
La Palma tour
About 133 kilometers from Tenerife lies the Canary Island called La Palma. La Palma is likely the best kept secret among hikers and beach fans! After all, this island has a number of unreal places to explore. You can now visit La Palma starting from Tenerife during this adventurous island tour.
9 Mind blowing places you’re going to see
The journey starts immediately spectacular when the ferry reaches the capital of La Palma, which around the year 1500 was the most important harbour in the world for the Spanish kingdom after Seville and Antwerp! The capital city is called Santa Cruz de La Palma. In the capital you’ll enjoy plenty of free time to see the local attractions and to walk around the local market. At the market you can try out some extraordinary snacks and drinks, such as the Guarapo! Afterwards, we’ll all gather back together by the bus to resume the tour of La Palma. Next, you will get the chance to view the old legendary castle of Santa Catalina and the ship of the Virgin. After this we will reach the rainforest of La Palma where many hiking trails can be found. In this rainforest we will visit a mysterious waterfall.
La Palma waterfall
The rainforest itself is gorgeous, but the waterfall of La Palma that you are going to visit is really breathtaking! You can take a break here and you will have the opportunity to refresh yourself with the water of the legendary waterfall of La Palma! After this stop the La Palma excursion will continue and we will pass some beautiful beaches, before we will arrive at a natural swimming pool.
Natural pool Charco Azul
In Tenerife itself you can find some beautiful natural swimming pools, but the natural pool of La Palma is truly incredible and is named Charco Azul! In between this natural pool and one of the beaches of La Palma, called Playa Puerto Espindola, you will visit the famous rum factory of La Palma known as Distillery of Ron Aldea. At this factory you will receive a guided tour and you will be able to sample some of its products! After that the La Palma bus trip continues and arrives at the final highlight, which is the Virgen de Las Nieves which is a very pretty little church. This excursion from Tenerife to La Palma is undoubtedly the most excellent day tour possible!
The pick-up times of the La Palma tour
- Los Gigantes, Alcalá and Callao Salvaje area: 06:15-06:25
- Costa Adeje & Playa Paraiso area: 06:30-06:50
- Las Americas & Los Cristianos area 06:55-07:20
Usually you will be picked up in front of your accommodation, but in some cases this is not possible and you will have to come to a pick-up point in the area (1-10 minutes walking distance). The exact pick-up location and time can be found on the ticket that you will receive after placing your order. Please note: when making a reservation, mention your hotel or a hotel nearby your accommodation.
Information about the La Palma day tour
- The tour to La Palma from Tenerife is only available on Thursdays, and must be booked in advance!
- Important! Please bring your passport along on the day of the excursion, as you will need it for the trip by ferry from Tenerife to La Palma. The ferry crossing between La Palma and Tenerife takes about 2,5 hours.
- The La Palma tour is being organized in a comfortable bus with air conditioning and in addition to the experienced bus driver there will also be an official guide present.
- The day trip to La Palma is also suitable for people with mobility problems and there is a maximum capacity for 2 wheelchairs in the bus storage, if you require extra attention then we can arrange seats in the front of the bus for you. If you wish this, then please inform us in the order note.
- There is the possibility to take a refreshing dip at the waterfall or at the natural swimming pool in La Palma if you would like that, then don’t forget to bring your swimming clothes!
- During the excursion the ferry trip and lunch are included in the price, but it can be advisable to bring some extra food and drinks with you for on the journey.
- Club Canary offers you the lowest price guarantee on the La Palma tour.
- This island excursion can be cancelled free of charge up to 48 hours in advance.
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Booked
Volcano Trip TenerifeFrom: 19,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Paragliding In TenerifeFrom: 84,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Private Boat Trip TenerifeFrom: 289,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Quad Biking Tours TenerifeFrom: 74,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Atlantic Star Boat TripFrom: 29,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Excursion To La GomeraFrom: 39,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Top Buggy Adventure AdejeFrom: 69,00 € Learn More - Book Here
Guided Hikes In TenerifeFrom: 24,00 € Learn More - Book Here