Parasailing in Tenerife
From: 19,00 €
- Departures between 11:00 and 18:00.
- Departing from: Costa Adeje, Puerto Colón.
- Gate number: 4.
- Free pick-up and drop-off (South Tenerife only).
- 24-hour free cancellation policy.
- Maximum capacity of 10 participants.
- High demand. Don’t be left out.
- Parascending is allowed from 3 years of age.
- Group discount from 6 persons.
- Activity with best price guaranteed.
- Find a FAQ & video below.
- Currently including -15% off.
- Book by paying only a deposit of 10€.
- Club Canary
- Last updated on January 22, 2022
Parasailing is also known as parascending and refers to the popular vacation activity where you are attached in a harness to a kite that is pulled forward by a boat. Often the terms are confused with paragliding, which is a flying sport where an individual controls the glider himself.
Parasailing itself takes about 10 minutes, which is the perfect duration to experience an amazing thrill. Longer than 10 minutes is often not desirable because the view will not change much and it can quickly get hot in the air above the ocean. Parasailing is usually done in groups, and people will take turns flying. The entire activity including the boat trip takes approximately 40 minutes.
For parasailing you do not need to be able to swim, because you take off from the boat and you land on the boat. If not desired you won’t have to touch the water. A life jacket is mandatory during the activity and a guide will be present to perform rescue actions if required.
The parasailing insurance does not cover women who are more than 1 month pregnant, for this reason pregnant women cannot go parasailing in Tenerife.
The parascending line is 100 meters long, this means that you can fly 100 meters far away from the boat. However, this does not mean that you will be able to fly 100 meters straight above the boat, since this is nearly impossible. The exact altitude during a parasailing flight differs each flight as it depends on the weather conditions. The typical height of a parasailing flight in Tenerife is about 50 meters.
For parasailing you do not have to perform any actions yourself and the whole experience is painless. Therefore, parasailing in Tenerife is suitable for children from 3 years old up to seniors, the landing is soft and the guide will be there to support you when necessary.
Flying with 2 people at the same time is always possible. Parasailing with 3 people at the same time or for only 1 person is also an option as long as the weight can be divided properly and the weather conditions are favorable. You can inform the guide of your preferences and then discuss the available options with him on the day of the activity.
Because of the warm average temperature in Tenerife, water activities are available throughout the entire year. We advise you to put on swimwear. The guide will ask you if you wish to touch the water during the landing to get extra adrenaline and get yourself wet. Alternatively, the guide can make sure that you do not touch the water so you stay dry and do not have to wear a swimsuit. However you choose to dress, remember that you will always receive a life jacket on arrival.
From 3 to 80 years
10€ Down payment per participant
25€ On the parascending day
Join the parascending boat to accompany someone
4€ Down payment per specator
15€ On the parascending day
Photos and videos (optional)
Can only be purchased on the day of the activity
2 short videos landing + taking off
- Do not forget your Club Canary ticket. You can have it on your phone or printed out.
- Make sure you carry some cash and a credit card with you, as the parascending experience requires final payment before it begins.
- Wear swimwear and bring a towel and sunscreen.
- Safe to book for anyone between the ages of 3 and 80 years.
- The crew speaks several languages.
- A maximum of 10 people can participate on each trip.
- Try not to eat anything 1 hour before parscending.
- You will be asked to remove your shoes. Shoes and slippers will be kept in a storage box in the harbor.
- Smoking is not allowed during this activity.
- Women who are pregnant for more than 1 month are not allowed to participate.
- Children under 12 must have permission from their parents to attend.
- We do allow spectators on the boat. This is a great option for someone who does not want to fly, but would like to come along with another person.
- You can bring a camera or phone. Please note this is at your own risk, if you drop it in the ocean we are not responsible.
- For people being picked up: wait outside your hotel/accommodation or on the side of the road. You will be picked up by a minibus that you will recognize by the parasailing decoration on the side. The driver is fluent in English and Spanish and may ask for your Club Canary parasailing ticket.
Only for people who will not be picked up
- Meeting point: Pantalan, 4, Puerto Colon, 38660 Adeje, Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- You should attend at least 10 minutes before departure time.
- The guide will pick you up in front of the gate, and then escort you to the parascending boat.
- There are spacious parking areas in the port of puerto colón. The hourly rate is approximately 1.20€.
- Open the location on google maps, find here the departure location and the office of Club Canary.
- If you come to the departure point by yourself and want to use the drop-off service afterwards, indicate it on the order note.
- Should it happen that the weather on your chosen day is too bad or not safe for the activity, we will contact you. We will do this at least 1 hour in advance and we will offer you the option of either a full refund or rescheduling the outing.
- This parasailing experience requires a minimum number of 2 participants. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/excursion or a full refund.
- You may cancel or reschedule the trip for free up to 24 hours in advance. Send us your request by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not cancel in time or are not in time on the day of the tour, there will be no refund.
Looking for more information? Check out Club Canary’s FAQ page.
Do you want to contact our staff?
Visit us at our office, give us a call or send us an email. Please, find contact details below.
|Monday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Friday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM Open now|
|Saturday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
Parasailing Costa Adeje
After meeting your tour guide in Puerto Colon, you get a lifejacket and the journey will begin. The boat sets off from Puerto Colon. Once all passengers are seated, you will get a short introduction about parasailing. Depending on the size of the group, you can choose to go parascending with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 people.
How parasailing works
When it’s your turn, the guide at the back of the boat will call you and will give you instructions. At this point, you will have to stand on a flat platform and you will be safely attached to the big kite. After everything is settled, you are ready to take off and you can move into a sitting position. The guide will then let the kite rise gently and will pull you up in the air little by little.
Parasailing – South of Tenerife
The flying in the air takes place near the coastline of Costa Adeje and Las Américas. Once in the air, you can enjoy the parascending experience and admire the beautiful scenery of Tenerife. The whole parasailing adventure, from the boat departure to the return to the harbour, lasts about 40 minutes. But you will only be in the air for a good 10 minutes. Being 10 minutes in the air sounds like a very short time, but it is certainly enough to enjoy the parascending experience. The landing is done carefully on the boat and it is supervised by a trained guide. It is possible to touch the water with your feet during the landing. Your tour guide will give you further information regarding this alternative.
Excursion times and free pick-up service
Parasailing in Tenerife is possible every hour of the day from 11:00 to 18:00. The parascending boat departs from Puerto Colon in Costa Adeje, which is within walking distance from Las Americas and Los Cristianos. When you book your parascending trip with Club Canary, you get not only the best price guarantee but also a free pick-up service from your hotel in Tenerife South. We do advise to book your activity in advance so that we have enough time to organize it properly.
Parasailing discount code
Club Canary tour company offers a -15% discount on parasailing in Tenerife. That’ s why the price is now not 40€ per person but only 35€ instead!
You could also get an additional 12€ discount when you book a 2 hour jet ski safari or a 3 hour whale watching tour with us. To do this you need to add both activities in your shopping cart and then apply the following coupon code: “parascendingcoupontenerife”.
Top pick of the week
✓ The boat tour lasts approx. 3 hours.
✓ Discount for groups of 6 or more.
✓ Departure times: 09.30 | 12.30 | 15.30.
✓ Departing from: Puerto Colon.
✓ Location: Gate 0.
✓ 24-hour free cancellation policy.
✓ A maximum capacity of up to 10 participants.
✓ 100% whale sighting guarantee.
✓ High demand. Don’t be left out.
✓ Snorkelling gear, snacks and drinks included.
✓ Free pick-up and drop-off (South Tenerife only).
✓ Activity with best price guaranteed.
✓ Book by paying only a deposit of 20€.
✓ Click here to hire the Atlantic Star boat.