Best zoos of Tenerife
Tenerife has three amazing zoos:
- Loro Parque: it is the best known zoo in Tenerife. There are more than 400 animal species in the whole park. There are restaurants, shops and a children’s leisure area.
- Jungle Park: here you can see many animals and experience numerous adventures. Families love this park and its animals and activities.
- Monkey Park: it is a small zoo where you can find different monkeys species. But you can also find other animals such as snakes or lizards.
Loro Parque zoo Tenerife
Zoo Tenerife south
Tenerife zoo Los Cristianos
Best zoo in Tenerife
As there are several zoos in Tenerife, maybe you have doubts and you don’t know which one to visit. Loro Parque is the best known zoo and has won the award for the best zoo in the world. This zoo is highly recommended. However, if you are looking for a cheaper zoo that can be seen in fewer hours, we recommend Jungle Park.
Tenerife zoos FAQ
Yes, in Tenerife there are three zoos: Loro Parque, Jungle Park and Monkey Park.
These are the addresses for the Tenerife's zoos:
Loro Parque can be considered ethical if we take into account their 5 principles: freedom from hunger and thirst; from discomfort through appropriate environment; from pain, injury, or disease; from fear and distress; and to express normal behaviour.
These principles are taken into account on a daily basis. In addition, Loro Parque always supports research and conservation of natural ecosystems.
Yes, you can take food into Loro Parque. Moreover, there is a picnic area in the park. There are also restaurants inside, if you prefer to order food.
Yes, Loro Parque still have killer whales and they do shows everyday.
Yes, Loro Parque is open in December and all year round.
At Loro Parque there are 400 species of animal. There is a large list of animals, but these are the ones that stand out the most:
- Parrots, flamingos and other birds
- Lions, bengal tigers, jaguar
- Killer whales / orcas, dolphins, sea lions
- Chimpanzees, gorillas, marmosets, tamarins, sloths
- Aquarium with aquatic species, sharks, corals, jellyfish
- Red pandas
No, there is not a free bus to Loro Parque. However, there is a free train in Puerto de la Cruz. Loro Parque also offer buses from the south area and Los Gigantes for an extra charge.
Loro Parque is 1 hour and 10 minutes far from Costa Adeje. Check the car route here.
Tenerife zoo animals
Many different animals can be seen in Tenerife’s zoos. The Loro Parque is where you can see the greatest variety of animal species, from bats to lions. In the Jungle Park there are different birds species, big cats and penguins, between others.
Popular Tenerife Tours
No Worries Luxury Boat825,00 €
Kalima Kat Catamaran50,00 €
Quad Teide Night Tour125,00 €
Sunset Cruise Tenerife425,00 €
Buggy Safari145,00 €
Tigresa Yacht in Tenerife2,000,00 €
Photoshoot in Tenerife120,00 €
White Heaven Tenerife580,00 €
Teide By Night59,00 €
Teide Masca Tour Tenerife36,00 €
Seaduction Boat Tenerife790,00 €