Franz Surf School Tenerife
From: 35,00 €
- Start: Calle México, 15 – Playa de las Américas.
- Includes: wetsuit, shoes, surf board.
- Possibly from 8 to 70 years of age.
- Basic swimming skills are required.
- 48-hour free cancellation policy.
- Activity with best price guaranteed.
- Find the different surf spots below.
- Read how a surf lesson proceeds below.
- Discover the real Tenerife surf vibes.
- Book by paying only a deposit of 10€.
- Club Canary is a partner of Franz surf school.
The surf lessons include:
- Do not forget your Club Canary ticket. You can have it on your phone or printed out.
- After your surf lesson you have the option to book additional lessons directly with Franz surf school, or to rent surf equipment.
- We will try to assign you to a group of your same level and age. Although this is not always possible.
- Be sure to have some cash or a debit card with you, as the surf class requires a final payment before it begins.
- Pack your swimwear, a towel and sunscreen.
- The staff at Franz surf school speak several languages.
- The average group class consists of 6 people. This can sometimes be a little less or more.
- Make sure you do not not start surfing with a complete empty stomach.
- Make sure you have not drunk any alcohol before surfing.
- Children under the age of 16 must have permission from their parents.
- There is a toilet and a room to change your clothes at the surf school.
Franz surf school location
- Meeting point: C. México, 15, 38660 Playa de la Américas, Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- You should attend at least 15 minutes before the class starts.
- There are many parking options nearby. However, it is a hugely busy area and is probably most occupied. We therefore recommend you come early in the morning or else take a cab.
- Open the location on google maps, find here the departure location and the office of Club Canary.
- To participate, you must master basic swimming techniques and and have some reasonable level of fitness.
- We will try to assign you to a group of your same level and age. However, we cannot guarantee that it will always be a perfect match.
- Minimum age to participate is 8 years and the maximum age 70 years. For exceptions contact us.
- Surfing in Tenerife requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to hazardous weather conditions, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- The surf lessons requires a minimum number of 2 participants. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/excursion or a full refund.
- You may cancel or reschedule the trip for free up to 48 hours in advance. Send us your request by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not cancel in time or are not in time on the day of the surf lessons, there will be no refund. Unless Franz surf school offers you an alternative.
- Complaints regarding surfing should be discussed with Franz surf school. Club Canary staff is not present on the day and cannot judge situations.
- If you get sick, or you find surfing scary / not fun and want to stop. We cannot offer a refund.
- Franz surf school may offer you extra surf lessons or rent gear after your surf lesson. This is however handled directly through Franz surf school and the Club Canary customer service can therefore not offer support as we do not have the new reservation details.
Looking for more information? Check out Club Canary’s FAQ page.
Do you want to contact our staff?
Visit us at our office, give us a call or send us an email. Please, find contact details below.
|Monday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM Open now|
|Thursday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Friday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
Surfing lessons in Tenerife
It is well known that Tenerife is a sports island. Everything is possible here, as well as flying sports, sailing, swimming, Crossfit, golf, cycling, running, wind/kite surfing and we could go on and on!
Although golf surfing is something many people cannot do at home. Because of this, it is a great idea for tourists to book a surf lesson through Club Canary.
Surfing for beginners in Las Americas
For beginners, it is really necessary to book a lesson before you start surfing. Not only will the surf instructor explain the basics of surfing but also give you information about the surf culture in Tenerife and the dangers/benefits of the local surf spots.
What do you do during a 1st surf lesson?
During the 1st surf lesson you will be taught basic surfing stance, and paddle techniques. In addition, some theory will take place where explanations will be given about the surf spot and certain techniques.
In the water you will be mainly busy learning to find the right timing and recognize the appropriate waves to surf.
Franz surf school
Club Canary collaborates with top surf school “Franz surf school” in the heart of Playa de la Américas. The surf school is known for its friendly staff that speaks many languages besides English and for its relaxing surf atmosphere.
Surfing gear included
Franz surf school has: wetsuits, neoprene shoes, surf boards and at the surf school there are toilets, lockers and changing rooms available. All surf equipment is always included in your booking. We do recommend that you bring a towel and sunscreen.
Surf conditions / time to choose
Surfing is hugely dependent on the weather conditions. We don’t want participants to be in danger, or simply unable to surf due to too few waves. To ensure that your booked Tenerife surfing lesson can go ahead, please follow the following 2 tips:
- Book your surf lesson early in your vacation. If the day is not convenient Franz Surf School will contact you to reschedule.
- When you make your booking choose the option “when the conditions are best” we will then depending on the weather conditions choose the best surfing time for you.
Meet other surfers
In the surf school or during lessons you can expect to meet other nice people of all ages with a passion for surfing and therefore always have a sociable experience.
Book extra surf lessons
Normally a 1 surf lesson is a perfect way to get an impression about the sport. If you would like to do more, you can choose to rent equipment at the surf school. You can also choose to book an advanced lesson at Franz surf school, you do not need to contact Club Canary about this.
Playa de las Américas surfing spots
Heart of Playa de las Américas is the top surf destination in Tenerife. You can find 4 great surf locations here, right near Franz surf school.
1) Surf spot La Fitenia
In the corner of the Playa de las Américas coastline you will find a piece of reef called La Fitenia. At this surf location you will find beautiful small and medium sized waves. This is the perfect location for beginners and is normally where surf lessons take place.
2) El Conquisador surf spot
This surf spot is located in a rocky cove in front of the H10 hotel Conquistador. Depending on the current conditions this can be a very popular surf spot or a good alternative for beginners in addition to La Fitenia.
3) Derecha del Cartel surf spot
Derecha del Cartel is right next to the Conquisador surf spot. This is a very popular surf spot among experienced surfers. It can be very crowded during nice surf days, and respect among other surfers, like waiting for your wave, is very important here.
4) Spanish Left
The Spanish left is known as La Izquierda. The Spanish left is the surf spot in Tenerife where you normally find the best waves. The surf spot is very crowded, and only top surfers are welcome. In addition, the local surfers are not very open to newcomers.
Share your experience
Support Franz surf school and Club Canary by leaving a review on this page about your surfing experience.