Atlantic Star boat trip
Atlantic Star excursion
Atlantic Star in Tenerife
- For this boat trip, if you select the whale guarantee option, you are guaranteed to see whales. The whale watching tours we offer are carried out with the utmost respect, complying with all guidelines and regulations. We always maintain a safe distance to ensure the animals are not disturbed.
- Do not forget your Club Canary ticket. You can have it on your phone or printed out.
- Pack your swimwear, a towel and sunscreen.
- The crew of this boat speaks several languages.
- A maximum of 10 participants can join this tour.
- Make sure you do not go on board with an empty stomach. Make sure you have not drunk any alcohol before boarding in order to minimise the chance of becoming seasick.
- It is advisable to take a travel sickness tablet 30 minutes before departure.
- On the boat, there are sunbathing spots and sitting areas in the shade.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is a toilet and a room to change your clothes.
- You will be asked to take your shoes off. Shoes and flip-flops will remain stored until the boat’s return to the port.
- Children under 1 year old are free, but you must put it in notes or let one of our agents know, as they count as persons for the capacity of the boat.
- Please note that due to lack of space, wheelchairs are not allowed onboard. However, the boat has a wheelchair-access ramp, and the crew can assist or lift you to get you onboard safely.
- Smoking is allowed only at the back of the boat, where it will not disturb anyone.
Atlantic Star Puerto Colon
Below you will find all the necessary information regarding the start location.
- Meeting point: Costa Adeje, Puerto Colón. Gate 0. This is in front of the sushi restaurant called Miishi.
- You should attend at least 15 minutes before departure time.
- The guide will pick you up in front of the gate, and then escort you to the boat.
- There are spacious parking areas in the port of puerto colón. The hourly rate is approximately 1.20€.
- Open the location on google maps, find here the departure location and the office of Club Canary.
- If you come to the departure point by yourself and want to use the drop-off service afterwards, indicate it on the order note.
Whale Watching Guarantee – Club Canary Exclusive
At Club Canary, we're delighted to offer the whale guarantee. We want every traveler to experience the beauty of these majestic creatures in their natural habitat without feeling like they're taking a gamble with their booking.
Terms of the Guarantee:
- Whale Sightings: The guarantee ensures sightings of whales, but not specific species. Most commonly, you may encounter the captivating pilot whales. For more about them, click here.
- Nature's Unpredictability: While we guarantee sightings, it's crucial to understand that these are wild creatures. Sometimes, they may only surface briefly or show their fins. A sighting, even if it's just a fin spotted within 30 meters, qualifies as successful whale watching.
- Seasickness Modifications: On rare occasions, the boat may need to return prematurely due to severe seasickness among passengers. In such instances, the whale guarantee fee will be refunded. However, compensation for not spotting whales isn't provided as it's beyond our control.
- Weather Conditions: Occasionally, adverse weather may force a change in the route, or a trip might be cut short. In these cases, while solutions will be discussed with the manager, the whale guarantee does not apply.
- Guarantee Applicability: The guarantee stands valid for a standard trip, without any special changes brought about by unforeseen events like illnesses, accidents, or sudden weather shifts.
- Claiming a Refund: When we say "full refund," we mean the boat trip's cost. However, the 7.99€ guarantee fee isn't returned - think of it as your insurance cost. If you've chosen the whale sighting guarantee and didn't spot any whales or dolphins, get a confirmation from the Atlantic Star's captain. We'll process your refund based on this trustworthy captain's confirmation and any pictures taken during the trip. Remember, our team isn't on the boat, but we fully trust the Atlantic Star crew and rely on their honesty.
Existing Policy Additions:
- Weather-related Cancellations: This experience heavily depends on suitable weather. If we have to cancel due to unsuitable weather conditions, you can either reschedule or receive a full refund.
- Cancellation & Rescheduling: For individual bookings or groups of up to 4: Modify or cancel your trip for free up to 24 hours in advance.
For group bookings of 5 or more: A 48-hour notice is required for free modifications or cancellations. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate any changes or cancellations.
- Late Cancellation/No-show: Refunds aren't provided for late cancellations or if you're late on the tour day.
Looking for more information? Check out Club Canary’s FAQ page.
Do you want to contact our staff?
Visit us at our office, give us a call or send us an email. Please, find contact details below.
|Monday||8:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM - 10:00 PM Open now|
|Sunday||8:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
Discover Ocean Wonders: Board the Atlantic Star in Tenerife
The name of this beautiful sailing yacht in Tenerife is Atlantic Star. The model of the Atlantic Star is a Cyclades 50.5 this is a spacious well looking sailing yacht. Atlantic Star only takes up to a maximum of 10 guests on each daily Tenerife whale watching trip. The Atlantic Star boat trip in Tenerife is a great option for families, couples or friends who want to go whale watching in an affordable but more exclusive fashion.
Tenerife whale guarantee boat trip
At Club Canary, we want to make your boat trip special. That’s why we offer something extra just for our guests: the ‘Whale Sighting Guarantee‘. If you choose this option and don’t see any whales or dolphins on your Atlantic Star boat trip, we’ve got you covered. We started this offer so everyone feels excited and confident about joining this adventure. Thanks to the awesome crew of the Atlantic Star, there’s a great chance you’ll see these amazing sea animals! If you’re curious about the specifics of this guarantee, please take a moment to check out the policy tab for all the details.
Whale watching on the Atlantic Star boat
Whale watching in Tenerife on the Atlantic Star is highly recommended. The Atlantic Star boat is very flexible and makes little noise, therefore you can normally get quite close to the whales without disturbing them. This trip is for nature lovers to enjoy and learn. Going into the water with whales, is strictly forbidden in addition swimming with dolphins in Tenerife is also not allowed.
What marine life can you spot on this trip?
Tenerife is one of the best places in the world to spot whales and dolphins. This is because of its warm water temperatures, deep ocean depths and rich waters full of nutrients for whales and dolphins. Throughout the year, various species such as pilot whales and bottlenose dolphins live between the islands of Tenerife and La Gomera. Depending on the time of year and your luck, you can also spot other species of whales on Tenerife, such as Sperm whales and maybe even orcas.
Atlantic Star’s daily program
The Atlantic Star boat tour departs from the port Puerto Colon in Costa Adeje. The boat leaves here at your chosen time, and the entire excursion takes about 3 hours. During the boat trip on the Atlantic Star, the hostess prepares fresh sandwiches for you and there are unlimited drinks on board. The main goal during the Atlantic Star boat excursion is to spot the beautiful whales and dolphins of Tenerife, which will happen during the first part of the trip. After spotting them, we will visit a lovely bay called El Puertito where we will relax and have lunch for about 40 minutes. During the break you can also jump into the water for a refreshing swim, or use one of the available snorkel sets. Snorkeling in Tenerife can be beautiful but please don’t expect anything spectacular at this location.
Atlantic Star crew
Atlantic Star is managed by a Dutch family that previously had a lot of experience in the hospitality world. The manager’s name is Esther, and she is often herself or her son who both speak many languages on board working alongside the captain.
Special trips for families (mornings)
Atlantic Star boat trip is also very child friendly. Although life jackets are not mandatory, there are life jackets for children on board. In addition, there are safety edges so you can’t fall off the boat quickly. On the Atlantic Star, there will be no actual sailing so the boat will not hang to the seaside. The other advantage is that few people get seasick. We ask families with children to book a morning trip if possible. So couples, or people who prefer not to be on board with children can take the afternoon trip.
Special trips for couples (afternoons)
A whale watching trip is undoubtedly one of the must do activities among couples visiting Tenerife. Club Canary in cooperation with Atlantic Star try to place families with children together in the mornings. Then in the afternoons more the groups without children. The reason Atlantic Star is so popular among couples is because it operates in a smaller size of group so you can also have some privacy and romantic time together. The same boat and crew is being used for the Club Canary Tenerife sunset cruise edition. This trip is often booked by couples for wedding proposals.
Even though the Atlantic Star is a sailing yacht, there is virtually no sailing during the excursions. Much is done on the engine, this is because otherwise we cannot always spot whales or dolphins in 3 hours. Should you still like to sail, or want to go longer than 3 hours that can be arranged. Club Canary has the option for you to rent the Atlantic Star privately where you have more possibilities.