Loro Parque Tenerife
From: 26,00 €
Who knew there could be so much to do at the zoo!
Loro Parque is a zoo with beautiful architecture, plants and a fine collection of well-kept animals. The park has won several awards, and is known as one of the best zoos in the world!
- Club Canary
- Last updated on September 11, 2021
Loro Park zoo
The park is quite compact so you don’t have to travel large distances, and is therefore suitable for couples, families with children, older people and even school trips. Loro Parque has a wonderful range of animals, but a few of the highlights are the beautiful jaguars, tigers and lions, the funny gorillas and sea lions. As well as the cute red pandas and dolphins, the stunning stay of the penguins, the shark and jellyfish aquarium, the parrot collection and of course the killer whales.
Loro Parque Mission
In addition to the knowledge of animals they share with you, Loro Parque is also committed to helping endangered species. And there will always be a part of the ticket price that goes directly to the great cause.
- Since December 2019 the park has a beautiful new addition, namely two beautiful jaguar cubs.
- At the beginning of 2020, the penguin collection became even bigger!
- The orca Morgan that was found on the Dutch coast and then brought to Tenerife for care, has given birth to a healthy baby named Ula in September 2018. And we expect to see Ula at the shows in 2020 with a little bit of luck.
- Loro Parque announced on April 22, 2021, to reopen their doors to the public on May 1, 2021.
The park can be found in the city of Puerto de la Cruz, which is located in the north of Tenerife. For many tourists who stay in the south, we can organize an express bus transfer. You will be picked up at your hotel or nearby, we will have a few stops on the way and after we drive straight towards the park. It is a fast bus and we arrive at the zoo around 10:15. The pick-up times can be found in the notes below.
- If you choose the bus option and you are staying in the area of Los Cristianos, Las Americas or Costa Adeje, we will always arrange an express bus for you, which will pick you up around 9:00 am near your hotel.
- We also have express buses with a pick-up point in Los Gigantes. The pick-up time is around 8:00 and is only possible on Mondays, Thursdays or Sundays.
- Playa Paraiso, Palm Mar, Las Galletas, Costa del Silencio, San Miguel and El Médano pick up times will be between 8:45 and 9:45.
- Exact pick-up time and nearest meeting point to you can be found on the ticket you receive after the order. NOTE: Make sure you write down your hotel or the one close to your accommodation when you make the order.
Loro Parque by car
The zoo is easily accessible by car as well if you have a rental car. The quickest way would be to take the highway. We would advise you to leave early to avoid the busy traffic. We would not recommend renting a car for Loro Parque only as the price would be similar or sometimes even more expensive if you include the parking and gasoline costs. In that case, the bus transfer to the zoo would be a better choice and less stressful.
Loro Parque Shows
The park is also known for the magnificent shows they organize, the emphasis of the shows is on showing to the audience how intelligent, beautiful and powerful the animals are. During the shows, they also demonstrate some of the hunting techniques by the animals.
You can visit all the shows with our ticket:
- Orca show (3 times a day)
- Dolphin show (4 times a day)
- Sea lion show (5 times a day)
- Parrot show (6 times a day)
- Nature vision (cinema playing a 20-minute film, 9 times a day)
In the park, you can find 3 cafes and 5 eating places including a grill, fast food, restaurant a la carte and an Italian restaurant.
Why should I buy a ticket beforehand?
In the entrance, there are 2 queues to Loro Parque. One of them is for people with tickets and the other is for people who still need to buy the tickets. You don’t have to stand in the long line if you’ve already purchased your tickets beforehand and therefore have even more time to enjoy the park.
Choose the Loro Parque Premium ticket for the best possible experience! (recommended)
With this ticket, you will have the best-reserved seats during the orca, sea lion and dolphin show. You will also get a fantastic 90-minute discovery tour that takes you behind the scenes in Loro Parque, where you get to hear a lot of interesting stories and information about the animals and a 15€ lunch voucher for the Patio del Loro restaurant.
Ticket is inclusive:
- Fast entrance into the park
- Access to every animal show
- Bus with comfortable seats and air conditioning (if you choose the bus option)
- Loro Park is located in Puerto de la Cruz. If you stay in the south you can choose our option Loro park + add bus transfer from south.
- Opening hours: 09:30 to 17:30.
- Please fill in your correct hotel or the one nearby. After your order, you receive a ticket with the exact pick-up location and time. (ONLY if you choose the bus option)
- The bus transfer will have “Transalex” or “Loro Parque” written on the sides and a sign on the window that says “Loro Parque” or something similar. (ONLY if you choose the bus option)