Turtle Safari in Tenerife
From: 40,00 €
- Snorkeling with turtles.
- Chance to spot dolphins during a boat trip.
- Great chance to see rays as well.
- Possibly from 8 to 70 years of age.
- Snorkeling lasts about 50 minutes.
- Departure times: 10:30 | 13.30.
- Departing from: Playa de las Américas.
- Location: dive center Vibe Dive.
- 24-hour free cancellation policy.
- Free pick-up and drop-off (South Tenerife only).
- Snorkelling gear, wetsuit and live jacket included.
- Basic swimming skills are required.
- Possibility to rent the tour out privately.
- Activity with best price guaranteed.
- Currently 15% discount added.
- Group discount from 6 persons.
- Book by paying only a deposit of 15€.
Turtles snorkeling excursions includes
About this snorkel trip with turtles
When we arrive at the turtle snorkeling location we put on the snorkeling equipment. Next, you will begin a snorkeling session of approximately 50 minutes. Please note that there is only 1 guide who goes with you in the ocean, the other guide remains on the boat waiting. Therefore, the snorkel guide cannot always be with you, and some independence is expected from the snorkeling participants.
Big chance to see turtles but not guaranteed
Swimming with the turtles at this location is not guaranteed but the chance is huge (about 80% per trip). When you see these beautiful turtles, you can admire them up close and swim with them. The excursion is conducted with respect for the wildlife and we shall not disturb the animals in any manner.
Snorkeling per person
8 up to 70 years
15€ Down payment per person
25€ On the day at the diving school
- Do not forget your Club Canary ticket. You can have it on your phone or printed out.
- Make sure you carry some cash and a credit card with you, as the snorkeling trip requires final payment before it begins.
- Wear swimwear and bring a towel and sunscreen.
- Safe to book for anyone between the ages of 8 and 70 years.
- The snorkel instructor speaks several languages.
- Shoes and slippers will be kept in a storage box when boarding the boat.
- Smoking is not allowed during this activity.
- Women who are up to 3 months pregnant are allowed to participate in the snorkeling excursion.
- Children under the age of 16 must have permission from parents.
- You can bring a camera or phone. Please note this is at your own risk, if you drop it in the ocean we are not responsible.
- For people being picked up: wait outside your hotel/accommodation or on the side of the road. You will be picked up by a minibus, which is operated by someone from the Vibe dive team. The driver is fluent in English and Spanish and may ask for your Club Canary excursion ticket.
Only for people who will not be picked up
- Address: Calle Noelia Afonso Cabrera, 2, 38650 Playa de la Américas, Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Near the Vibe Dive centre it is not easy to park. Therefore make sure you are on time, and possibly prepared to walk a bit from the car to the starting point.
- Open the location on google maps, and see the meeting location and the Club Canary office.
- If you come to the departure point by yourself and want to use the drop-off service afterwards, indicate it on the order note.
- Should it happen that the weather on your chosen day is too bad or not safe for the activity, we will contact you. We will do this at least 1 hour in advance and we will offer you the option of either a full refund or rescheduling the outing.
- You may cancel or reschedule the trip for free up to 24 hours in advance. Send us your request by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not cancel in time or are not in time on the day of the tour, there will be no refund.
- The chances of swimming with turtles is very high. However, it remains nature, and therefore we cannot guarantee that you will always see them.
- We do not give refunds if you do not see the animals.
- If a tour has not been to your liking, and you feel you are entitled to a composition. Then you should discuss this on the day of your tour with the dive school staff of Vibe Dive. Club Canary is not present at your activity and can therefore not reflect on the circumstances.
Looking for more information? Check out Club Canary’s FAQ page.
Do you want to contact our staff?
Visit us at our office, give us a call or send us an email. Please, find contact details below.
|Monday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM Open now|
|Thursday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Friday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:30 AM – 10:00 PM|
Snorkeling with turtles in Tenerife
Club Canary offers an adventure where you can snorkel with turtles in Tenerife in a respectful way. The chances of finding them are very high, and then you will have the opportunity to stand eye to eye with them, which will be a wonderful experience.
During this popular snorkel excursion, you go together with a small group including a guide by boat to a snorkel site. At this snorkel location not only turtles but also rays can be found on a daily basis.
The entire turtle safari takes about 90 minutes and of that you will spend about 50 minutes on snorkeling.
Private snorkeling trip
Each snorkeling trip is held with about 9 people total. For people who prefer not to do a group excursion, there is also the possibility to rent the guide and boat privately. During this private turtle safari, the tour remains the same only you will be sharing the boat with only your own group.
The snorkeling excursion provider
Tour company Club Canary cooperates for this trip with diving school Vibe Dive. Vibe Dive has a multilingual team that provides you with all the necessary snorkeling equipment. Vibe Dive’s staff also organizes daily diving trips, therefore you can be sure that your snorkeling trip will be guided by a qualified diver.
The start location of the snorkel trip is at the Vibe dive center in Playa de las Américas. Here you will be briefed and equipped with all the necessary snorkeling gear. If necessary, you can also leave your belongings here or use the changing rooms and toilets.
Free pickup service included
One of the great advantages of booking with Club Canary is that your snorkeling excursion includes free pick-up and drop-off of service.
Where to see turtles in Tenerife
Due to the pleasant water temperature and nutrient-rich ocean, turtles can be found near the coast of Tenerife throughout the year. One place where they can be found daily is near the caves of Palm Mar. During the snorkeling excursion we will visit this wonderful location. In the same location where you can see turtles in Tenerife, you can often find other wildlife. For instance: colorful fish, rays, octopuses or squids in their natural habitat.
Diving with turtles in Tenerife
In addition to snorkeling with turtles, it is also possible to dive with turtles. This dive is normally only possible for divers with a certificate. However, Club Canary can also offer this experience to beginners. We offer an option where you do 2 dives in one day, and you do not need a license. The 1st dive is meant as a kind of training and the 2nd dive we go by boat to the turtle location to dive with them. The necessary information can be found here: https://clubcanary.com/tenerife/diving-scuba-los-cristianos/.
- Kayaking with dolphins and snorkeling with turtles excursion.
- Check out the best snorkeling sites around Tenerife.
✓ The boat tour lasts approx. 3 hours.
✓ Discount for groups of 6 or more.
✓ Departure times: 09.30 | 12.30 | 15.30.
✓ Departing from: Puerto Colon.
✓ Location: Gate 0.
✓ 24-hour free cancellation policy.
✓ A maximum capacity of up to 10 participants.
✓ 100% whale sighting guarantee.
✓ High demand. Don’t be left out.
✓ Snorkelling gear, snacks and drinks included.
✓ Free pick-up and drop-off (South Tenerife only).
✓ Activity with best price guaranteed.
✓ Book by paying only a deposit of 20€.
✓ Click here to hire the Atlantic Star boat.