This is the amount you pay to reserve your Maxicat charter date. The deposit, in this case, is a portion of the total amount to be paid and therefore will not be returned after the activity.
The remaining amount to be paid is noted as Arrival. You will pay this on the day upon arriving at the Maxicat Catamaran.
Your paid down payment, and the amount to be paid on arriving, will be listed on your E-ticket that you will receive after you place your order.
Discover the exclusive charm of Maxicat for private whale and dolphin watching in Tenerife. Click the tabs or scroll down to learn about our comfortable space, expert guidance, and onboard refreshments for your private group adventure.
Maxicat charter prices
Maxicat is very busy during several months, therefore prices for private hire are more expensive in mid and high season. The standard price starts from 3 hours for 1450€.
For the number of people
41-50 + 100€.
51-60 + 150€.
61-70 + 200€.
71-80 + 250€.
81-90 + 300€.
91-100 + 350€.
For a 2 way transfer
0-30 persons 160€.
30-60 persons 320€.
60-90 people 450€.
Rent Maxicat Tenerife
- Do not forget your Club Canary ticket. You can have it on your phone or printed out.
- If you want to travel with the Maxicat to Los Gigantes and Masca you have to rent the boat for 5 or 8 hours.
- The crew of this boat speaks several languages.
- A maximum of 105 participants can board the Maxicat catamaran.
- When you include the bus transfer. Then you will be picked up in front of your hotel or near your hotel where the bus can easily park. The bus can be easily recognized by its red color and the inscription "Maxicat".
- On the boat, there are sunbathing spots and sitting areas in the shade.
- The boat can take people in wheelchairs on board if necessary. But for this you need to contact us first, with the necessary information. Note: the bus transfer is not available for people in wheelchairs.
- You will be asked to take your shoes off. Shoes and flip-flops will remain stored until the boat’s return to the port.
- Try to not eat anything 2 hours before departure.
- It is advisable to take a travel sickness tablet 30 minutes before departure.
- Smoking is allowed only at the back of the boat.
Only for people who will not be picked up
- The Maxicat catamaran is located in the port of Puerto Colon at gate number 9. The gate can be found at the end of the harbor near the gasoline station.
- You should attend at least 20 minutes before departure time.
- At the front of the gate is staff from Maxicat. They will check your ticket possibly take payment and then take you to the catamaran.
- There are spacious parking areas in the port of puerto colón. The hourly rate is approximately 1.20€.
- Open the location on google maps, find here the departure location and the office of Club Canary.
Maxicat charter policy
- The Maxicat catamaran trip requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to hazardous weather conditions, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- You may cancel or reschedule the boat trip for free up to 12 days in advance. Send us your request by email: email@example.com. If you cancel less than 12 days in advance you will lose your paid deposit.
- PLEASE NOTE: Maxicat charter bookings cancelled less than 96 hours prior to departure are subject to an additional penalty of 400€ on top of the deposit paid. This is to compensate for the preparations for your trip and the staff already hired. This rule will also be mentioned on your E-ticket.
- Should you not show up for any reason, and you have not contacted us regarding this (at least 12 hours before departure time). Then you will lose the deposit paid and get a fine of 700€. This is because the crew and prepared food for you is already arranged and waiting for you.
- If you get sick or want to end the trip earlier, you won’t get refunded.
- Should you be late on the day of your boat trip, it will be deducted from your hired time. Should the boat leave late (which is not your fault), the lost time will be added to your trip.
- Complaints or problems during the Maxicat boat trip should be discussed with the staff on the day. The Club Canary staff is not present on the boat and therefore cannot judge certain situations.
- Allergies and important food wishes have to be passed on to us in the order note.
- Should you come with less or more persons than indicated. Contact us up to 12 hours before the departure time. You will then either get a refund of the extra amount paid or we will send you a payment link to settle the deposit for the extra people.
Maxicat private boat trip
If you are looking for a private catamaran boat trip in Tenerife, the Maxicat is a great choice. The Maxicat is a 21-meter catamaran based in the port of Puerto Colon. A Maxicat private boat trip is perfect for groups who want a fun day out with their group. The Maxicat can take up to 105 people on its private charter and this opens up many great possibilities.
Maxicat hire Tenerife
Even though the Maxicat in Tenerife is best known for organizing shared whale and dolphin spotting tours, the catamaran can also be chartered. Renting the Maxicat is perfect for groups who want to spot marine life with their private group but also for boat parties in Tenerife. When you rent the Maxicat, crew, basic drinks and basic lunch are included in the price. Should you have any special requirements for your Maxicat charter you can discuss them with the Club Canary team first, boat parties are allowed as long as they are well supervised and rules are agreed in advance.
Maxicat short charters
A normal short charter on Maxicat proceeds as follows: once everyone is embarked, the Maxicat leaves the port of Puerto Colon and heads into the strait between Tenerife and the neighboring island of La Gomera. This stretch of water is one of the most important marine environments in the world for the observation of whales, dolphins and turtles. The trained guides on board will explain the local marine creatures and give you interesting information about their lives and habits. Cruising along the coast to a secluded cove, you will have the opportunity to swim in the clear, refreshing waters and enjoy a relaxing break – perhaps freshen up your tan in the sun beds, dance on the deck to the on-board music system or enjoy a long, cool drink in the shaded seating area. After the stop, the Maxicat catamaran begins its return to Puerto Colon along the beaches of La Caleta, Playa de la Enramada, Playa del Veril, Playa del Duque, Playa Fañabé, Playa Torviscas, Playa la Pinta. If you want to get to know the local marine wildlife and the southwestern coastline of the island, a Tenerife private catamaran trip on the Maxicat is a perfect trip.
Maxicat long charters
Contrary to the Freebird charter Tenerife, the Maxicat can be rented for long boat trips. The program of a long catamaran boat charter looks like this: the private Maxicat boat trip usually starts with whale and dolphin spotting in the water area between Tenerife and La Gomera before descending to the beautiful sea cliffs of Los Gigantes. After seeing Los Gigantes and its magnificent cliffs, the boat will continue asking for the famous bay of Masca. This is one of Tenerife’s must sees, and offers a great place to stop for a swim break and possibly listen to music and enjoy the sun. The biggest difference of the 5 hours and longer private boat trips on the Maxicat that you can reach more beautiful locations by water. Anyway, should you have special needs please contact a Club Canary staff in our office or via live chat to discuss your needs and boat itinerary.