From: 140,00 €
✓ Meeting point: El Medano
✓ Paseo Las Mercedes de Roja.
✓ Start time between 10:00 and 18:00.
✓ Wetsuit, shoes, windsurf board.
✓ Option of private windsurfing lessons.
✓ Basic swimming skills are required.
✓ 48-hour free cancellation policy.
✓ Activity with best price guaranteed.
✓ Find out about windsurfing below.
✓ Read how a windsurf lesson proceeds below.
✓ Discover the real Tenerife windsurf vibes.
✓ Book by paying only a deposit of 15€.
✓ We collaborate with Kitesurf 313 school.
Windsurfing in Tenerife is rated number 24 of the TOP 30 best things to do in Tenerife.
This is the amount you pay to reserve your lesson date. The deposit, in this case, is a portion of the total amount to be paid and therefore will not be returned after the activity.
The remaining amount to be paid is noted as Arrival. You will pay this on the day of your booked experience upon check-in. This can be done in cash or via card unless your ticket states otherwise.
Your paid down payment, and the amount to be paid on arriving, will be listed on your E-ticket that you will receive after you place your order.
- Last updated on June 17, 2022
Windsurfing in Tenerife FAQ
Windsurfing is a sport in which you sail atop the board. In windsurfing it is important to master wind directions for your sail. It is generally easy and can be learned in a single day.
At good weather conditions, beginners only need one hour to learn how to get going. There is no weight limit nor age. Although considered an extreme sport It can be very calm and relaxing too.
Just like any other watersport, windsurfing requires a wetsuit and neoprene shoes. Everything will be supplied by the water sports school.
There is a common misconception that windsurfers have to be really strong, this simply isn’t true. Windsurfing equipment is very light and really easy to use.
Windsurfing in Tenerife lessons include
Windsurfing in Tenerife lessons information
Do not forget your Club Canary ticket. You can have it on your phone or printed out.
- Be sure to have some cash or a debit card with you, as the session requires a final payment before it begins.
- Pack your swimwear in case you would like to wear it under your wetsuit, a towel and sunscreen.
- The staff speak several languages.
- Make sure you do not start windsurfing with a complete empty stomach.
- Make sure you have not drunk any alcohol before the session.
- Children under the age of 16 must have permission from their parents.
- There is a toilet and a room to change your clothes at the water sports school.
Windsurfing school location
- Meeting point: Paseo Las Mercedes de Roja, El Medano, Tenerife – España
- You should attend at least 15 minutes before the session starts.
- There are many parking options nearby. However, it is a hugely busy area and is probably most occupied. We therefore recommend you come early or else take a cab/bus.
Windsurfing in Tenerife lessons policy
- To participate, you must master basic swimming techniques and and have some reasonable level of fitness.
- We will try to assign you to a group of your same level and age. However, we cannot guarantee that it will always be a perfect match.
- Minimum age to participate is 8 years and the maximum age 70 years. For exceptions contact us.
- Windsurfing in Tenerife requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to hazardous weather conditions, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- You may cancel or reschedule the trip for free up to 48 hours in advance. Send us your request by email: email@example.com.
- If you do not cancel in time or are not in time on the day of the water session, there will be no refund.
- Complaints regarding windsurfing session should be discussed. Club Canary staff is not present on the day and cannot judge situations.
- If you get sick, or you find windsurfing scary / not fun and want to stop. We cannot offer a refund.
Looking for more information? Check out Club Canary’s FAQ page.
Do you want to contact our staff?
Windsurfing lessons in Tenerife
Windsurfing is a great sport to experience on Tenerife. Windsurfing is it also known as a challenging sport but that’s much of what makes it so much fun once you begin to master it. Sailing atop the board is generally easy and can be learned in a single day. Tenerife is the perfect playground for water sports enthusiasts, starting form wakeboarding, kitesurfing, surfing, jet ski and more!
Windsurfing for beginners in Tenerife
Windsurfing is a great idea for tourists on Tenerife. The sport is a great activity for beginners and the advanced. The sport delivers a lot of excitement and great memories, whether done alone or in a group.
Windsurfing lessons in El Medano
El Medano is one of Europe’s water-sports hotspots. The spot delivers the perfect water and wind conditions. El Medano is beginner friendly but there are beach and reef breaks so that any waterman may find a challenge
Windsurfing course in Tenerife
The windsurfing lesson includes the necessary theory of the sport and ocean laws as well as lots of practice. The courses will allow you to make your first steps in the sport. For further bookings, you will be able to book directly with the school.
Individual windsurfing lessons
The individual lesson is a 1:1 with an instructor, giving you the optimal chance for progress and success. The 2 hour lesson will include theory and practice. Firstly, you will learn to control the wing on a SUP board. If you progress fast enough, you might begin with a foil board in your first session.
Group windsurfing lessons
Group lessons last 2 hours. This lesson will give you just as much knowledge and practice at a lower price.
Advanced windsurfing lessons in Tenerife
If you are an advanced water sport enthusiast, we recommend you let us know in the booking. We will make sure an advanced pro trainer will be available to give you some tips to make amazing progress.
Water conditions and the right time go windsurfing
We don’t want participants to be in danger, or simply unable to do the activity due to too big waves or wind. To ensure that your booked lesson can go ahead, please follow the following 2 tips:
- Book your session early in your vacation. If the day is not convenient we will contact you to reschedule.
- When you make your booking choose the option “when the conditions are best” we will then depending on the weather conditions choose the best water conditions time for you.
Meet other water sport fanatics
In the surf school in between sessions you can expect to have a sociable experience, meeting other people of all ages with a shared passion for windsurfing and wing foiling.
Share your windsurfing experience in Tenerife
Looking for more water sports activities? You can also check out the top water-sports of Tenerife. Share your experience by leaving a review of Club Canary on this page.