Freebird Boat Tenerife
From: 18,00 €
This gigantic catamaran is the largest boat in Puerto Colon. The boat is known by the name Freebird and has an excellent reputation for organizing whale watching trips in Tenerife. Club Canary tour company gives you the opportunity to reserve a 3 or 4 ½ hour whale watching trip with the Freebird, more information can be found in the text below.
Freebird boat trips in Tenerife
Freebird is undoubtedly Puerto Colon’s most famous boat for whale watching trips. But the company owes this to more than 20 years of experience in organizing whale watching trips in Tenerife! In order to maintain an excellent reputation, they only hire qualified crew. That is why you can expect the captain on your trip to be an expert on boating and marine life. Furthermore, the catamarans of the Freebird are very well maintained and have a lot of space at their disposal! This also means that a lot of people can cruise on the catamaran. If that is not quite what you are looking for then it is better to look at this whales and dolphins trip in Tenerife that go out in small groups only. When you like the Freebird catamaran you should take a look at the 2 different whale watching trips mentioned below.
The 3 hour whale watching trip
The amazing 3 hour whale watching trip of the Freebird starts at 10:00 from the place Puerto Colon in Costa Adeje. From here the search for whales and dolphins begins in the area between Tenerife and La Gomera. During this cruise on the catamaran the crew will inform you about the characteristics of the whale species in their natural habitat. You will learn about their food, migrations and more. And before we return to the port at 13:00 there will be the opportunity to relax, sunbathe and enjoy a dip in the ocean.
Freebird 4½ hour catamaran cruise
For this trip the Freebird boat leaves Puerto Colon at 13:15 to start a beautiful 4½ hour catamaran cruise. Afterwards they sail out to look for whales and dolphins and in the meantime the crew provides additional details about these beautiful animals. On this catamaran cruise we will also discover the big cliffs of Los Gigantes and we will take a long break in the breathtaking Masca bay of Tenerife. When we arrive in the bay you will have the opportunity to eat and swim.
Lunch and drinks on the Freebird boat
During each Freebird boat trip there are unlimited drinks available consisting of soft drinks, water, beer and sangria. Lunch is also provided during the Freebird sailing trips. The food usually involves different sandwiches and a more varied choice will be available during the Freebird boat trip to Masca. For vegetarians there are also options, but honestly the trip is focused on whale watching and the food is not that spectacular. In case you are looking for a sunset dining experience combined with whale watching, we recommend this private boat trip in Tenerife for you.
Freebird gold and the beds/sofas
Freebird boats have a VIP zone, where you can find beds. These are lovely sunbeds placed at the front of the Freebird. Costs of the beds are currently 5€ per person for the 3 hour trip and 10€ per person for the 4,5 hour boat trip. The beds can NOT be reserved in advance. And the people who are first on board can sign up first. If you are interested in the Freebird vip zone, then make sure that you get to the boat in Puerto Colon on time.
About the pick-up service
There are two buses available to collect customers who have booked the Freebird boat trip without any extra costs. Depending on your stay, collection will take place in front or near your accommodation. If you would like to use the Freebird transfer service, please leave your hotel details behind in the order notes. Exact pick-up time and location will be listed on the ticket that you will receive from Club Canary. Below are the pick-up times for the whale trips that start at 10:00 and 13:15. Please note: when you go to the port of Puerto colon yourself, you save time and you are able to check in earlier. This is because the Free Bird bus will pass through several districts to pick up guests.
Pick-up times for the Freebird sailing trips
- Los Gigantes, Alcalá and Callao Salvaje area: 8:30 11:30
- Golf del Sur and El Médano area: 8:35 11:35
- Costa Adeje and Las Americas area: 9:20 12:30
- Los Cristianos area: 9:00 12:10
Information about the whale watching trips
- Pay attention! To book your Freebird boat trip in Tenerife you only pay a down payment. We need to ask for the down payment in order to confirm your reservation. The remaining amount must be paid by card or in cash at the boat on the day of your booking. Down payment is 19€ per adult and 9€ per child. This paid amount and the remaining amount will also be shown on your ticket, which you will receive by email or whatsapp after booking.
- Thanks to Club Canary‘s best price guarantee you are assured to pay the lowest price for the Freebird trips!
- It often happens that due to the many daily orders we receive, we were unable to update the availability. To be certain that your Freebird reservation is possible, we recommend that you book your trip in advance! In case you still want to make a whale watching trip within 2 days or less please contact Club Canary first to ensure availability.
- For these whale watching trips take along: Club Canary ticket printed or digital and your bank card or cash to pay the remaining amount. We also advise you to bring a face mask, towel, swimwear, sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Unlimited drinks, lunch and pick-up service are included in the price of this excursion. If you would like to use the pick up service, please include the details of your hotel in the order form (or a hotel near you).
- There will be a number of staff members on board of the Freebird during the cruise for safety purposes and to provide information about the wildlife in a number of different languages.
- The Freebird has 3 different catamarans which are very similar and all have a vip zone. You will automatically be assigned to one of the beautiful catamarans depending on the day, availability and possibly the language you speak.
- When you want to come to the Freebird catamaran by yourself you need to check in at least 15 minutes before departure at pier 15 of Puerto Colon. Parking spaces are available in this port at an extra charge. The rates are not very high, and it is possible to park your car at the end of the harbour near the boat itself.
- If you would like to hire the largest catamaran in Puerto Colon for a private excursion, then please click on the link for more information.
- In case the weather is too bad to cruise on your chosen day. Or when your reservation is not possible on the day you have selected. Someone from Club Canary or the Freebird will contact you as soon as possible. You can then choose between a full refund of your down payment or to reschedule the trip. 11) Up to 48 hours in advance you can cancel the Freebird boat trips free of charge, and you will receive your down payment back within 24 hours. Cancellations made within 48 hours will lose their down payment.
Above written information about the Freebird boat trips has been updated in 2021. To see our full range of whale watching tours in Tenerife click here. If you want to keep up to date with the latest news about activities on Tenerife, follow the Club Canary facebook page.